Help -SABA 9241-

Hello Raul,

here are some reports about repairing of a 92xx. I would recommend to read Achims thread (nightbear). Do you have a translator to read it?

To your problem: At the moment I can only guess, since we don't have a detailed description, what you have already changed and what are the symptoms.

Most probably one more power transistors are burnt, these are the ones which are assembled on the back cooling plate. Do you have a diode tester? You can check if they are short circuited.

You are lucky when one channel is still working, because you can compare the conditions on left and right channel and so easier locate the fault.

Regards
      Wolfgang
      geht nicht - gibt's nicht!
      Hi Raul,

It is in general not sufficient to replace the power transistors. Usually, there are resistors damaged (you need to measure /compare all resistivities with the ones on the power-stage of the working channel). There are in most cases also the driver transistors damaged, those on the power stage. Replacement types available, but watch out for different pin orders (ECB). Checking the datasheets with google is always a good idea. If you need help finding the correct replacements, please tell, we can advise.

Even then, if you have confirmed that all resistors, transistors and diodes on the power-stage are in perfect condition, you shall not yet switch power on.

Carefully inspect the driver module, usually, the electrolytic caps and tantalum caps should be replaced thereon. Also the resistor R 1106 shall be checked and if necessary replaced by a 1W type.

If you miss only one defect part, i.e. a defect driver transistor, your power stage can blow again when you switch it on.

Best regards,
      Reinhard
      hallo wieder. vielen Dank für Ihre Ideen. verwenden Sie den Übersetzer leid, aber ich habe keine andere Möglichkeit. Das Problem mit meinem SABA hat sich geändert. Ich mit Alkohol gereinigt ganze Team. Das Problem ist jetzt, dass die Sicherung von 2 AMP (Netzteilplate) Pausen.
      Meine Ideen sind fertig. Vielen Dank für Ihre Zeit.

:shocked:
      Hi Raul,

Didn't you repair the broken power stage as advised? You didn't mention that you tried, did you?

Alcohol cleaning can't fix damaged semiconductors. Transformer, coils and the tuner section don't like water or solvent, don't like to get wet.

If the fuses blew, you have got a major short. It could still be related to the broken power stage.

Regards
      Reinhard
      oldiefan postete
      Hi Raul,

Didn't you repair the broken power stage as advised? You didn't mention that you tried, did you?

Alcohol cleaning can't fix damaged semiconductors. Transformer, coils and the tuner section don't like water or solvent, don't like to get wet.

If the fuses blew, you have got a major short. It could still be related to the broken power stage.

Regards
      Reinhard

hello again, after some time to relax, I do not think I have enough knowledge of electronics. thanks anyway for your time. I will look where repair without spending much money. Unlucky not to have someone like you to send to repair my SABA.
      greetings.