Saba VS 2160 - help needed

Hello!

I have 2 of these nice amps which, despite of both being in working condition, have couple of small flaws or imperfections I'd like to fix and I'd like to ask if someone here could help me a bit.

1) Is it possible to adjust the needles of front panel watt meters? Mine have moved away from their original position, probably due to bumps during delivery or something similar, so the "zero points" aren't the same and I'd like to make them match.

2) Cound someone give me hits and tips about online shops where I could find original Saba spare parts for this model? I need to find replacement for dead treble pot and pair of carrying handles, possibly also the original user manual as I haven't been able to find one in scanned form so far.

3) Both of mine are black models but one is completely black and another have small white dots in every knob to make their position show better: Which one is original look - is the white paint added afterwards or are the knobs in completely black amp just worn?

4) Has anyone measured how this model behaves with load of under 4 ohms per channel?

Thanks in advance!
      Hi,

just stumbeled on your post... and now try to give you some answers to your amp.

to 1)
      Yes, it is possible to adjust the needles. But it is difficult work. As i remember, you have to remove the meters, take off the clear front covers and then you will see an adjustment-screw. Carefully turn the direction you like to move the zero-position of the needle. Maybe you have another type of meter, then you have to look for a kind of small lever, on that the spring is attatched. You can move that carefully too.

to 2)
      There won't be any shops left to supply original SABA spare parts. Since the VS2160 was not produced by SABA (was made by Sanyo - Mod. No: DCA-611) you may find some spareparts still available for the Sanyo amp. But do not hope too much for it, the set is over 30 years old!
      So you will have to find spare parts that fit best for the amp, of make them fit... :)
      And an original User manual will only be available it you find it perhaps in online auctions. Sorry, but i don't have one too, but the amp is easy to work with.

to 3)
      On my complete 2000 tower all the markings on the knobs are completely black. And i only know the black version. In my oppinion the white markings were made by a previous owner himself.

to 4)
      I have my VS2160 since months open on my desk, i have not the time to finish it. I did some improvements (as change of the integrated amplifier-module (STK 0080 instead of STK 0059) and other changes to improve stability. After that i intended to make som high-power tests (on 4 + 8 ohms load). But actually this will have to wait longer.
      If i find time in the next months i will finish it, but actual i won't suggest to work the amp on loads lower than 4 ohms. Many of the amps went off in smoke on low impedance loads and high output. That must be a problem of the stability...

Greetings...
      Gruß, Gunnar