Problem with later Sabas

Hello,
      I have problem with my two of later Sabas - Meersburg 125 and Freiburg 100.
      Both have similar problem - when I'm listening to some UKW stations (even not so loud), there some rumbling sound, seems like slight resonance in loudspeakers or loudspeaker wall. Screws aren't loose, everything seems to be in order (voltages), I replaced capacitors, but it still persist.
      What is interesting it's the same in both radios.
      I checked loudspeakers, membranes are moving without any scratching.
      All my earlier radios don't have these symptoms. And I can have full bass. Here even when bass regulator is at half, there's that resonance.

Regards
      Piotr
      Hello Piotr !

I don´t know exactly what it is but I have a guess, because I had a similar problem.

The membrane seems to move without scratching, but due to gravity in the past 50 years the coil tended to move some tenth of a millimeter downwards and is touching the magnet just barely.

What I did, I just turned the speakers at 180° and everything works fine.

Just an idea of me because it worked...

Best regards Dieter
      Hi Piotr,

may be I have the same rumbling sound on my
      Freudenstadt 11. I decided, that it is the flattering
      backplate of the unit. After removing there was no
      noise anymore. When I turned on the bass fully with mounted
      backplate after some days the rumbling started once.
      The upper left mounting skrew decided to loose it selfe.

I helped myselfe, just to put a pice of foamcell between
      backplat and wooden corpus. Knowing that this is only a
      lausie trouble removal.

Regards and nice Weekend

Martin
      Hello,
      thanks for your answers, amazingly, Dieter's trick helped with Freiburg 100, now I have to switch loudspeakers in Meersburg. I hope this also will help.

Martin, I checked this vibrations without backplate so I excluded it immediately.
      That's the first time I encountered similar problem (maybe except for Grundig 4090 where old foam dust got inside the coil).

Regards
      Piotr