Questions about FM Alignment Breisgau 12

Greetings: I want to check the FM alignment on my Saba Breisgau 12 ( Same as Meersburg 11). Reading the instructions, it looks like the first step for the FM IF transformers is to adjust the degree of coupling between the primary and secondary. If that is correct, how many turns do I rotate the screw? Do I turn clockwise or counterclockwise for step 1 ( 1. Adjust coupling subcritical with K 501/3) ?
      One other question. This radio has the stereo decoder ( Multiplex Adapter 12). I don't have alignment instructions for it but it looks like there is only one variable resistor to adjust on it. What does it do? Thanks for any input. See the photos for more info.

Hello John.

The adjustment of the coupling on subcritical (coupling subcritical)
      becomes with 2 to 3 turns towards the hand (counterclockwise).

(Multiplex adapters 12). I don't have alignment instructions

I add these. The necessary measuring instruments will overtax your possibilities.

for it but it looks like there is only one variable resistor to adjust on it. What does it do?
      This fits the decoder onto the capacities and loads of the Audioinput of the Radio
      That one can be set for best channel separation still the hearing

hans
      Thank You Hans: That clears it up for me. I have replaced the paper capacitors in FM 12 unit but stereo separation is good so I will not adjust it. Lissajous patterns are not something I have tried on my oscilloscope anyway. This is the first radio I have seen that adjusts the coupling of the IF transformers before peaking the primary and secondary. I suppose it makes the adjustment more accurate . Thanks again for the info and diagram. John
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher