Saba UW495-FM-Stereo

Hello Bruno, ist really difficult to get tehe schematics for that Model! I´m afraid that I´can not help with a schematic.

The correct cabinet is from a Freudenstadt9. At the Bottom of my UW495 ist a Stamp "Freudenstadt9". A Freudenstadt 100 cabinet Looks a Little bit different, modern look. But I think, both (FD100 and UW494) have the same Size. Only Speaker wiring ist different.
      This Export Radios are really interesting! There are the one and only Tube-Radios in Germany who have FM-Band from 87,5 - 108MHz.

Best Regards Frank
      Es toent so schoen wenn des Sabas Roehren gluehen!
      Hello Frank and respected members, after four months I have found in Germany the FD9 cabinet and the speakers. Now my TU495FM stereo play fine and the console chassis was accepted by the FD9 cabinet as you correctly said. The radio looks very nice!!
      Now I have bought here in Chile a Saba Multiplex decoder 12. I think it can be adapted to this model to have FM stereo from 87.5 - 108 Mhz. I have been searching in the forum some comments about how to instal the adapter without success. Do you know if it was discussed here in the forum?
      Thanks in advance, Bruno.
      Hello Bruno, you´ve much luck with the Multiplex12! They are very rare!

Notice: The UW495FM was not bulid for receiving Stereo. This Model have only a Stereo Audio-Amp for listening external Audio Sources like records or tapes.

To make your Radio ready for Stereo-receiving there are large alteratios necessary! And I don´t know if that really works with this Model. The Multiplex12 was made for "12"-Models like Freudenstadt12 or Phonosuper12. These are later Models from 1962/63/64. The UW495FM is from 1959. Some Models before 1963 have Stereo Amps, but only for external Audio Sources and only a few of them are prepared for later Stereo Alteration. The UW495FM is not such a prepared Model.
      To make such Models Stereo suitable you need much tinkering without available instructions! At the End you may have a non working Radio. Think twice before you do it!

Best regards

Frank
      Es toent so schoen wenn des Sabas Roehren gluehen!
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher