Pls help in 9260: noisy/hum

http://www.4shared.com/download/HvqBLsBFce/IMG_1484.JPG?lgfp=3000
      http://www.4shared.com/download/ApfyXFAYba/IMG_1485.JPG?lgfp=3000

Hello Professionals
      Pls help me
      i have one SABA 9260
      I got this problem:
      +When i turning on then i hear noisy/hum, after some seconds everything ok
      + but when i switch to Monitor mode then noisy/hum on one channel

i open it and see the output transistors then see:
      five Philips BDV 093/ bdv 094 and two Texas Instrument BD245B

so pls tell me how to do

Hallo Professionals
      Bitte hilf mir
      ich habe ein SABA 9260
      Ich habe dieses Problem:
      + Wenn ich das Einschalten dann höre ich laut / Brummen, nach einigen Sekunden alles ok
      +, Aber wenn ich den Monitor-Modus schalten dann laut / Brummen auf einem Kanal

i öffnen Sie es und sehen Sie die Ausgangstransistoren dann sehen:
      fünf Philips BDV 093 / bdv 094 und zwei Texas Instrument BD245B

so pls sagen Sie mir, wie zu tun
      G'day,

first of all, your description shows that the receiver must have been in
      a repair shop at least once ... and one power transistor seems to be missing,
      as 5 + 2 is seven, not eight ... ;) --- or is there yet another type used ?
      No -- I see 3 from TI. Wild combination ...

Clearly, mixing different types of power devices is not a good idea (to put it
      mildly ...), and should be changed. But there will be other problems hidden,
      such as bad contacts (are all modules still secured with the extra screw in the
      bottom ?), faulty capacitors, possibly semiconductors as well.

Do you have any knowledge of when and how the repair was done ?
      Do you have basic knowledge of electronics, and can you work with the
      service manual and read the diagrams ?

I'll take a look at the images -- maybe I see more then ...

Best regards,

Michael

p.s.: I see that there are 8 power transistors on the aluminium bar, but the different
      types are mixed even among the two npn or pnp pairs -- very bad ! This looks like
      a receiver that might need a complete revision, not just a quick fix. Nothing that can
      be done at a distance, unless you are experienced or have an experienced friend.
      Hello kugel-balu
      Thanks for reply
      sorry for my mistake
      it has five Philips BDV 093/ bdv 094 and three Texas Instrument BD245B
      i just want to know which are original? Philips or Texas?
      i read a topic in this forum someone said that Texas Instrument BD245B/246b is for 92xx( 9241,9240,9250) but for later model series 9260 they use Philips BDV93/94
      So pls tell me which are original and i will find to buy
      Hi,

both have been used. Here, it is quite clear that the BD 245 were the original
      ones, and the BDV must have been put in later. If you change them, you best get
      yourself a set of BD 245 C (not B), and check that they match (similar beta).

Also, at least the PNP driver was changed -- there should be a BD 318, and I
      cannot see what is in that position now (leftmost on the PCB). I can provide
      the transistors if you can't find them -- where are you located ?

Before you rush off and buy -- are you familiar with the work that has to be done ?
      Your problem is unlikely to go away after just changing the power transistors ... there
      is definitely more to be done.

BTW: Philips or TI -- that does not matter. Mostly the TI were used, as far as I
      can tell (I have seen some 30 or so, and only met the BDV once ...). It also does
      not matter which receiver it is -- the power amp section is the same (7140, 9140, 92xx),
      though they run with different voltages. In the 9260, you have (at 230 Volt AC)
      around 41 ... 42 V DC. This is why, when getting new transistors, you better take
      the C type. It is for 100 Volt, while the B type is for 80 (which is a bit tight).

Often, also the driver PCBs have problems (see some of the other threads, all this
      is well documented here). The one-sided hum will be somewhere else, I think.

Best regards,

Michael
      DEAR
      I JUST OPEN IT AND SEE OTHER COMPONENTS ON THESE TWO BOARD:
      EACH BOARDS CONTAINING: ONE BD418 AND TWO BD417
      (TOTALLY 2 BOARD: 2 * BD418 + 4 * BD417)
      SO PLS TELL ME WHICH Texas Instrument BD245B/246b OR Philips BDV 093/ bdv 094 ARE ORIGINAL ? WHICH I HAVE TO BUY TO REPLACE ALL THESE POWER TRANSISTORS ? I HAVE TO BUY Philips BDV93/bdv94 OR Texas Instrument BD245C/246C ?

AFTER REPLACE THESE THEN WE WILL SEE IF PROBLEM CAN BE SOLVED
      I JUST READ THIS TOPIC http://saba.magnetofon.de/showtopic.php?threadid=4903&highlight=saba%209260#bottom

AND HE SAID
      "Hallo Malte,

wenn, wie Du sagst, alle Halbleiter auf der Endstufe hin sind, suche bitte auch noch auf der Treiberplatine gründlich nach. Bei so einem heftigen Exitus ist da häufig auch etwas defekt.
      Wie Andreas schon geschrieben hat, kann man alle Bauteile auf der Endstufe (und auch im Treiber) gut bekommen / ersetzen. Die 9260 hatten in den späteren Serien die BDV 93/94 eingebaut, ursprünglich waren die Entstufen der gesamten 92xx Reciever mit BD 245 / 246 bestückt, die auch sehr gute Dienste leisten. Es findet sich für jeden Transistor ein passender Vergleichstyp, und zu den Reparaturen von diesen Endstufenmodulen gibt es hier im Forum sehr viele und fundierte Threads. Nutze doch einfach mal die Suchfunktion, da findest Du zu jedem Problem die passende Lösung.

Insgesamt empfehle ich, großzügig zu reparieren, das kostet nicht viel, und du bekommst wieder volle Betriebssicherheit - "wie Neu"! "
      Fine -- the BD 418 is then no problem. It seemed replaced, but because it was
      on the edge of the images, I could not see that for sure.

As to the other issue: The BDV on your image are _definitely_ the ones that
      were put in later, not originally. You can see that from the fact that they are
      from different series. So, the TI must have been the original set.

But this really does not matter -- you can use either, but not MIXED. I prefer
      the BD 245 C / BD 246 C, as they are easier to obtain. If you want to use
      the BDV, you can do that -- but then better the BDV 95 / BDV 96 (they
      are the 100 V versions, which is needed for the 9260).

In fact, the BD 245 B / BD 246 B is sometimes specified for 90 V, and sometimes
      for 80 V -- I suspect there are differences depending on the manufacturer. The
      version from TI seems to have 90 Volts, but I would not want to depend on this
      for the modern version from ISC etc. So, if you have original TI, you can use
      BD 245 B / BD 246 B. If you buy modern remakes (from ISC or similar), make
      sure you get BD 245 C / BD 246 C.

Also, to clarify one thing: The BDV 93/94 appear in several service manuals,
      e.g. for an amplifier that run with just +- 38 Volts DC. For them, the 80 V of the BDV
      are (just) sufficient. When Saba introduced the 92xx series, the voltage was increased
      to a bit over +- 40 Volts, and the BDV 93/94 were no longer sufficient. I do not
      know why they appear in the manuals for 9250 and 9260. As I said,
      I have only once so far seen the BDV in an 92xx (and I'm not even sure that
      was original, or a replaced set of power amp boards). I would NOT advise to use
      them (or if you do, go for BDV 95/96).

Electrically, there is very little difference between the two types. The slightly
      higher power capability of the BDV seems irrelevant here. So, any
      claim that BDV is better than BD is most likely unwarranted. It might very well be
      that the BDV from Philips were a European version of the BD from TI. But
      there will be small differences in the precise behaviour, which is why they should
      not be mixed. I would strongly doubt that there are sonic differences -- other
      parts in the 9260 are more critical.

Good luck with the replacement -- the real hunt for the problems will start
      afterwards ...

Michael

p.s.: Some corrections worked in above.
      G'day,

the BD 245 C is NPN, the BD 246 C is PNP. I'm not sure whether you should attempt
      a repair if this is new to you ... do you have a friend who knows all this and
      can help you ? Note that after a change (which has to observe various points,
      including proper isolation etc.) the amp has to be adjusted again. There is
      absolutely NO POINT in making a modification without proper knowledge of
      the basics of electronics !!

Best regards,

Michael
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher