Saba Freiburg 11, searches stations well only in backwards..

Hi all,

Maybe you already saw my other thread.

I replaced all the capacitors and oiled the mechanical parts of the radio.

Sound and mechanics are great now.

The problem is that the motorized tuning only works in FM in backwards. In forward it just skips all the stations and reaches the end of the dial. in AM it works well in both directions.

Has this happened to you before? What can I check?

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzjoZ7h5j7g

Thanks!
      Ok, I couldn not solve the issue alone with no help.

I checked all the resistors around the two tubes related to the automatic tunning, everything looks ok. I had already replaced all the caps. I even replaced the cap on the chassis, the one in the can that goes to the motor. I tried another ECL80. Nothis worked. I measured all the voltages indicated in the schematics, and only one was not correct (the one in one of the grids of the penthode section in the ECL80, wich reads 90V instead of 180V but I checked everything and I couldn't find the cause.

I decided to just take out the ECL80 to avoid problems and use the radio manually.... It is a very heavy set to bring it from the living room to another room to make all the tests, and keep wasting time with no tips to help locating the issue. Bye.
      Hello Pablo,

sorry that you didn´t get any answers for your problem, but its really pretty difficult to provide a solution when the automatic tuning is involved. Its a really delicate section and right now I´m just completing another Freiburg 11, which has a minor problem I cannot solve right now.

In my oppinion, you should first check all the contacts of the automatic buttons and then - I guess its a misalignment of the FM Filter V, as you said, AM works as it should.

May be you should take a chance and try to adjust the FM section of Filter V.

I don´t have any other ideas, sorry.

Dieter