Grundig 5040W3D, The pre set can not be changed

Dear members, I am restoring my G5040W/3D.
      All the paper caps and resistor out of range were replaced. All the voltages are inside normal tolerance values and all the tubes checked/replaced according my Funke W19. All the pulleys were cleaned and oiled.
      Now the radio play fine with high quality sound and the manual tuning run smoothly.
      However when the motorabstimmung lever is changed to ON, the manual tuning became hard and the perlonseil slide over the tuning axis.

I have not been able to determine the reason and I can not change the preset to the last tuned station.

I will be very grateful for some help.

best regards, Bruno.
      Hello Bruno,

I had the same Problem with my 4040W/3D. May be the Wheels from the Station Selector stiff on the Axle, so the Dial Cord slip when you turn the Dial knob.

Put a Little bit of acid- free Oil at the marked place at every Wheel, but don´t release the Screws from the Wheels! The Wheels must have a Little slip at their axle.

Notice: There are three Dial Cords at the Station selector! Don´t remove him; If you do it you´ll Need very much Time to put the three Cords back!!

Best regards Frank
      Es toent so schoen wenn des Sabas Roehren gluehen!
      Hello Frank,
      Thank you for the replay ... I have oiled the discs according your indication and they can be displaced manually over the shaft however, the manual tuning is possible from right to left and NOT in inverse sense.
      The manual tuning with motor off run smoothly in both senses.
      My set has all the disc with the original green paint sealing the disc screws, then I can presume they have the original 320 - 350 gr
      greetings, Bruno.
      Fine Bruno! The Oil or fat they used 50 Years ago is today mostly dried and with the Dust and dirt of this Long Time it´s like glue. And the Wheels stuck at their axle. I think your 5050 have two wheels more than my 4040. You can see it theres much space at the end of the 4040´s axle. I have the same Problem at my 4040; only the last Stations from the old owner are available. After cleaning and putting some oil on it the function come back.

greetings, Frank

Look here: http://saba.magnetofon.de/showtopic.php?threadid=7038
      Es toent so schoen wenn des Sabas Roehren gluehen!
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher