Hello everyone,

Hello, oldiefan,dl2jas, two friends:
      Thank you for your help. I followed your method without replacing the heads. I cleaned the heads with ethanol. Now the sound is normal.
      With your help and guidance, after more than 10 days of hard work, the condition of taking care of a silent deck is very good, and the thick sound of saba is very nice. I would like to thank you once again, and thank you to the forum website. It is the powerful network that allows me to learn a lot of knowledge and allows my old machine to play a good role again.
      I send you my best wishes.
      Hello teachers,
      Let’s ask a question today. My saba CD360, under the guidance of the forum teachers some time ago, has replaced the triode, and it is currently playing and recording normally.
      In the process of using, I feel that the signal of the machine is not so big, and the output signal is too small, that is to say, you need to turn on the volume key to hear the loud sound. Compared with other decks, I feel that the signal is weak and the signal is small. I wonder if my phenomenon is correct? Does it need to be adjusted?
      I look forward to your answers, thank you.

[img][/img][img][/img]
      Hello teachers,

My 9241 power board has failed. Please help me:

Fault: The LED does not display. Check the power supply of the ge/sw/rt three pins on the No. 15 power board. The yellow ge-21v, black sw0v, and red rt power supply are abnormal, and the numbers are constantly changing......

I have checked all the parts on the No. 15 power supply board and have not found the cause of the fault. Please consult all the teachers on how to solve this problem.

Hello,

Please show us the solder side of your power supply board.

Please don't use a file hoster for the photographs but the forum-embedded function to display your photographs. Otherwise we cannot enlarge them.
      This is how to do that:

- click on "Erweiterte Antwort", the window on your screen will enlarge.
      - In the enlarged window scroll down until you see three tabs: "Smileys", "Dateianhänge" (=attachments) and "Einstellungen" (=options).
      - click on the middle tab "Dateianhänge". A new button will appear "Hochladen" (= upload")
      - click on the button "Hochladen", a window on your PC will open, select the image (photograph) that you want to upload and confirm by clicking on "open" on your PC's window. Your photograph may be max. up to 1 MB.

From the schematic you can see that you shall check:
      fuses Si621 and Si631
      rectifiers D622 and D632
      capacitors C623 and C633
      relay 618

You must hear the relay 618 clicking noise, when switching to fm or am. Don't mix up with the loudspeaker relay switching clicking noise, which only can be heard after powering up. The relay 618 must be heard switching always when changing from phono or from band to fm or back.

A broken relay 618 is quite common. The relay 618 shall be replaced. Since this type of relay is difficult to find today, you may need to build a small adapter board that converts the pin out of a modern relay to the pin pattern on the power supply board.

Relay 618 data:
      coil voltage: 12 V DC
      two contacts to be closed upon relay switching
      Every relay for 12 V DC operation, coil resistance of about 275 Ohm, and for closing two contacts with at least 2 A current switchable can be used. Example: Finder 40.52.9.012 (12 V DC)

For the example relay type the adapter board looks like this:

(click on picture to enlarge)

Regards
      Reinhard

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von „oldiefan“ ()

I agree with Michael. The solder joints of the voltage stabilizers shall be resoldered.
      Otherwise everything looks ok.

SABA recommended to remove capacitor C624. Maybe there were cases, where it created a short? I never experienced that fault, but nevertheless followed the SABA service recommendation.

Thus, after all, the relay failure is still the most plausible root cause for the fault.

Regards,
      Reinhard
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher