SABA Freiburg WIII restoration

I bought a SABA Freiburg WIII in fully restored condition. The visual appearance is like new inside and outside, but the functioning is not perfect: there is a slight hum (power supply filter cap? or grounding problem?),
      the magic eye is dim, the Medium wave only receives one station with the
      built-in ferrite antenna, there is a crackle if I knock the enclosure (intermittent solder joint?). I am a retired electronic engineer from California now living in Belgium. I have no tools or test instruments.
      Could anyone recommend a perfectionist restorer engineer/technician/amateur/collector who could restore my radio again?
      I suspect that I would have to pack and ship the radio to Germany if I want the best job done, for instance recapping with Fisher & Tausche capacitors.
      Many thanks for your help and suggestions.
      John in Brussels
      Hello John,

we habe about 10 members listed in Belgium. I don´t know who of them are active technicians.

May be somebody from Belgium reads that thread and drops you a mail.

Otherwise you still have the chance to pack it well and send it to one of our German experts.

Best regards, Dieter

P.S. What the hack made you leave California ?? I spent more than two years in various places from North to South and always had to be pushed into the airplane back home...
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher