SABA Ultra Hifi 9120

Hi Joel,
      the 9120 was built from 1976 to 1978? (I guess).
      Amplifier 2x 32W sine (RMS), 2x 60W music-power into 4 Ohms.
      Harmonic distorsion 0,1% @ 2x32W

Tuner section for LW, MW, SW, FM
      Frontends for AM and FM with FETs, sensitivity FM 1,1µV at 240 Ohms for 26dB S/N @ 22,5kHz devitation.
      S/N on AF FM-mono 67dB, FMstereo 64dB.

If you will get the german version, it will only tune to 104MHz on FM.

This unit has a lot of features, get it ;)

Peter
      Hi Joel,
      the greater SABA-receivers (the 9120 is one of them) are well known for their sensitive and high selective tuner-sections.
      The amplifier in this model ist a good middle-class (remember, the design is about 30 years old)

I hope, you will have fun with it, but you have to get DIN plugs and adaptors for the connections.

Peter
      Joel Sindt postete
      Thanks peter! Just the facts I was looking for :) Sounds like quite a nice receiver. I have a pioneer sx-650 for the moment, and will get the SABA in about an hour. Will be exiting to see if the german technology can beat the japan-made ;)
      Yes, especially the tuner section!

Good tuners from Japan have either a good sensitivity or a good selectivity. SABA has both. :)

Why?
      Japan tuners are developed for japanese conditions or the US market. In the USA you have normally only a few local radio stations, no danger of interferences.
      In Europe especially in Germany are a lot of radio stations with differnt signal power. So you need here a tuner with good sensitivity and good selectivity to receive more than 20 radio stations.
      Maybe if you live in the south of Sweden, you can receive a few German radio stations with a good antenna!

Andreas, DL2JAS
      Was bedeutet DL2JAS? Amateurfunk, www.dl2jas.com
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher